Blow Out Original Trailer (Brian De Palma, 1981)
One of Brian De Palma’s most acclaimed films, this brilliant fusion of the obsessive sleuthing of Blow-up and The Conversation with themes drawn from real-life political scandals (the JFK assassination, Chappaquiddick, Watergate) starts with sound technician Jack Terry (John Travolta) accidentally recording what might be explosive evidence of a deadly conspiracy.
Brilliantly shot by the then recent Oscar-winner Vilmos Zsigmond, this terrifically stylish thriller co-stars Nancy Allen as the eyewitness who becomes the unwitting target of John Lithgow’s serial killer as he ruthlessly attempts to bury all the evidence.
It’s also a film about the filmmaking process: Terry is originally hired to work on the low-budget slasher film Coed Frenzy, and later turns his technical skills to much more serious use as he tries to reconstruct a political assassination on film in a way that will stand up in court.
– New, restored digital transfer, supervised and approved by director Brian De Palma
– Original Dolby 2.0 DTS-HD Master Audio
– Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
– Black and White in Colour: An Interview with cinematographer Vilmos Zsigmond
– Rag Doll Memories: Nancy Allen on Blow Out
– Return to Philadelphia: An interview with Producer George Litto
– A gallery of on-set photos by photographer Louis Goldman
– Original Theatrical Trailer
– Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Michael Atkinson, a conversation between Quentin Tarantino and Brian De Palma and more to be confirmed!
This site uses affiliate links and if you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a commission payment.